Tuesday, March 13, 2012

8 months

Well, I am late!  She turned 8 months on the 3rd....10 days ago!  bad bloggy mommy.

I feel like not much has changed, and at the same time, lots has changed! For one thing, from Feb 9th to March 9th, she got SIX teeth!!  Here they are:

So it has been kind of a fussy month, especially for the ladies at daycare.  She isn't as fussy when I am holding her.  We have discovered some remedies, such as....teething tablets don't work when teeth are actually cutting through. However, her amber teething necklace does help.  What helps most is tylenol or ibuprofen though....I hate to drug her up, but it really is the most effective thing!  She is MUCH happier when I give her medicine.  So, oh well.  Guess it won't hurt her.

She reaches for people she wants, and snuggles into the person who is holding her when she doesn't want another person to take her.  She also will lay her head on your shoulder when another person is talking to her, especially if she is seeing them for the first time of the day.  In a shy way.  It's adorable!  I'll have to try to get a picture.

She is STILL in 3-6 month clothes, but the sleepers are getting short, so we will move up to 6-9 month sleepers soon.

She is moving up to the big baby room at daycare...its called the "creepers" room.  She is starting to crawl.  She can now get on her belly from sitting, and back.  It's harder for her to get back to sitting, but she can do it about half of the time she wants to.  She is starting to get on all fours and rock, but most of the time one leg is still under her, instead of behind her.  little cheater!! haha :)

This was also a bad month for sleep, since most of the time her mouth was bothering her. However, in the past 5 days, she has suddenly developed a love for solid foods, AND started rolling over to her tummy to sleep.  The combination of the two made for a wonderful sleeper!  Let me tell you, only waking up once in the middle of the night is AMAZING when you are used to waking up 3+ times in the middle of a sleep cycle.

We had a backpedal last night, back to every 3 hours, and I think it is her teeth AGAIN! how could it be?  we already have 6!!  But I think she is about to get more....ugh.  poor baby!!

She is the light of my world.  I can have the worst day ever, and coming home to her makes it the best day. There are some days I just sit at work and mope that I'm not with her.  She is the sweetest, prettiest, most wonderful human being I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I am so lucky to be her momma, and so lucky I get to see her every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment