Sunday, February 12, 2012

Things to remember

There are some things about Madison that I realize I wish I would have written down THE day something happened.  Like when she rolled over for the first time, etc.  So...

On February 9, she was gnawing on my finger, and I noticed there was something sharp in her mouth! I felt the top of her gums, and it seemed like there might be a tooth but I wasn't sure because I couldn't see anything!  Then I let her suck on my finger and yep, there were two sharp lines where teeth will come down :)  They have just broken the surface of the gums, but haven't come down where you can see them yet.  I am just waiting for the bottom ones to come, but so far they are being stubborn!

I also wanted to list some things that she got from me and from Matt.

Like Mommy:
hair
eyes (color and shape)
smile
nose (I think, but sometimes I'm not sure)
feet (definitely the toes!  Hopefully you won't get my crooked feet that we will have to spend thousands of dollars on to fix....but only time will tell)
head shape

Like Daddy:
ticklish under the arms and on your belly
eyelashes (I think.  He has very long pretty eyelashes, but mine aren't bad either.  Either way, they are long and pretty)
sweet disposition
wake up disposition (sleepy and cranky haha!)


Some fun things she is doing lately:
I think I mentioned waving....it still has only been a few times.
This morning, I SWEAR she knows Tyson's name.  She was gnawing on something, I said his name, and she turned and looked dead at him. My mom also thinks she knows Dottie's name (her dog)  and Travis's name.  She also will mimic you jumping, stomping, and splashing in the tub.
She looooves to touch faces, and most of the time its not a particular part, but its a lovey touch.
Her new thing is to say ba ba ba ba ba and BYE by by by by.  Today she even said bye bye and waved at the same time....the jury is still out on whether she knows what Bye means? or if she was mimicking my mom saying bye and waving.  either way I think she is a genius!!!

This is amazing to me.  I am amazed at every new thing she can do. I can't believe how interactive she is being! I think I also greatly underestimate her. An email update I got today said she is noticing emotions, and might even sympathize if I cry? Wow! I just can't believe she is getting to be so aware of her environment!

I'm going to try to do better about writing things down WHEN they happen, and not just waiting for the monthly update.

Until the next time Madison does something cute,
toodaloo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment