Oh goodness.
Let the games begin!!
You are 9 months old, and you are crawling everywhere!! I am realizing how NOT baby proof our house is, as you crawl towards electrical cords, pull magnets off the bottom of the refrigerator, and pull up on the wire kitchen cart drawers.
You are pulling up on everything you can, including the dishwasher today as I emptied and refilled it. You are very proud of yourself for doing this!! You are not always successful, but you are very determined :)
You also have started sleeping through the night, like legit sleeping all the way from bedtime to morning! This is amazing, but I worry that you are getting enough to eat!!
Sometimes you love purees and sometimes you hate them. Sometimes you love to eat finger food and sometimes you throw it. Some days its no challenge at all to make sure you get enough to eat, and some days I'm lucky if I can get you to eat some puffs. You're a little unpredictable, my darling!!
You've moved up to the "curious creepers" room at daycare, and you don't like it as much as the infant room. You cry when I leave, and sometimes you even cry when grandma comes to get you! As soon as you see her, you burst into tears, like you're so happy she's there! But they are very nice to you....I think they just don't coddle you as much, and you do enjoy being coddled ;)
You have just moved up to 6-9 month clothing...you are a petite little thing, and I love it! We have your 9 month checkup next week, but last time we went to the doctor (for an ear infection) you weighed 15 lbs, 9 oz. My big girl!! You are getting heavy to carry around, and I am having to look for another carrier because the one I have is not supporting you as well now. You still have 6 teeth, but I think more might be on the way.
I can't wait until summer so I can take you to the pool in the evenings when I get home from work :) I hope you love it! You love the bath, and you seem to be up for anything, so I would be surprised if you didn't like it :) you already have 3 swimsuit options! 2 are hand-me-downs, and 1 was bought for you by your Aunt Ann (Daddy's godmother)
You are so delightful. Now that it is warm we are enjoying going for walks in the stroller, playing outside on a blanket, and going to the zoo as much as possible. The other day we went just me and you, and it was so nice to get to stroll along at our own pace. You were very interested in the snakes! I plan on raising you to be respectful of all animals, and not teach you that certain animals are gross or dirty. Of course I will teach you which animals are dangerous, etc., but also know that all animals are important and each have their own role in their habitat.
I also want to teach you the real names for animals. Like, its not a "monkey", its a Siamang and Siamangs are Apes, not monkeys. Things like that. I read you the signs for the animals you are interested in. It's neat to watch you follow my pointing finger and then you actually notice and watch the animal (as long as it's moving, haha!) You didn't always do that!
I love you so much and I want to teach you everything....I can't wait until you start to show your knowledge and I can be even more proud of you :)
I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment