Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Led Weaning

or Baby Led Solids.

I mentioned this in my 6 month post.  But I just wanted to give an update on it!

Madison has now had broccoli, mashed potatoes, avocado, applesauce, rice cereal, and green beans. My mom gave her the applesauce and rice cereal.  I kinda feel like we should spoon feed her some things, just so she understands what to do when things are in her mouth.  I have read about some babies who are over a year old and still don't EAT solid foods.  I do want to encourage her to eat.  But not to the extent where I am trying to trick her into opening her mouth and it becomes a stressful thing.

That's supposed to be the whole point of BLW!  no stress.
Last night we gave her green beans and it was so cute to watch her gnawing on it :)  when she got the actual bean in her mouth she was not a fan, and spat it out!  I think just because she's not used to different textures.

She likes to eat what we eat.  Which will make her like food a whole lot more, I think!

We are taking a break from bread and broccoli though.  she choked on both of them last time she ate them, so we will wait until she can chew a little better before reintroducing them.

I think next we will try sweet potatoes, then maybe carrot and finally get into fruits...banana, I am thinking.  I want to wait on fruits because I don't want her to fall in love with fruits and not eat anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment